Friday, June 20, 2008

Bubba Gump de Nicaragua

Today, we went to a shrimp farm!!! It was pretty cool, even for a kosher girl like me. We drove for about an hour and went through this gate with guards. I thought we were there, but then we drove for 30 minutes on a dirt road through sugar cane fields. It was wild. Since we were there to see the shrimp farm, we didn´t get information about how the sugar cane is grown, so that´s a mystery to me. Anyway, it was cool to see how they use water pressure to empty the shrimp ponds and recycle the water around for use again.

Running in the morning has been pretty fun. It starts getting light here around 5pm (and dark by 7pm), and so I get up and do my warm-up so that by the time I really get going, it´s mostly light out. It feels like about half the streets are asphalt and half are cobblestoney, so I´ve finally find a 5 mile route that does not include cobblestones. That is great! I get a lot of cat calls from the men. Yesterday, as I walked on my cool down, a guy grabbed my butt as he rode by on his bike. I totally hit him. And honestly, I´m so sweaty, that he got the short end of that stick. Anyway, it´s been an adventure here. I don´t see anyone else out running, so for some locals, I´m a bit of an attraction.

Off to dance classes and then the disco.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GRACIAS A DIOS que pegaste a este hombre. I mean, the nerve, right?! ewww... I remember those days. I am SO happy for you that you HIT HIM!

Adam and I just got back from scuba school. A postcard awaits you about it.

Phoenix tomorrow! Wish me luck...

Anonymous said...

did you know Matteo is there with you?? Per perez: Matthew McConaughey got wasted while on a vacation a few weeks ago in Nicaragua. No surprise there