Friday, November 6, 2009

I Was There!

Yes, I am a proud member of Red Sox Nation. But, I don't hate good athletes. That's just not in my blood.

So, I was at the Yankees parade today. Sure, we were 30 people back, but I did recognize Mariano Rivera.

Look who else was there! Yeah, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys Bridget Kelly (?) performed at the end of the parade. I didn't see them with my eyes, but heard them - the size of the crowds was pretty crazy in NYC. It might have been enough to send a Red Sox fan to Bellevue, but I was totally high on East Coast fall weather. It seemed as it everyone in New York was in blue. As much as I don't like the Yankees, it's pretty cool to see the whole city come out and for all types of people to be happy about the same thing. I was not too impressed by the number of school children who were roaming the streets instead of being in class.

Pictures will be posted at some point soon.

1 comment:

Bec said...

COOL! STUDS - collect BOX TOPS for me everywhere you go!! I MUST win (I mean, my KIDS must win...) the school wide competition!!!!