Saturday, February 21, 2009

Things I've Never Seen Before

A dead deer on my running route.  Sad.

Cyclists shoving a section of the newspaper up the front of their jerseys to protect them from the wind on a descent.  That was new for me.  I guess that I've mostly watched Le Tour, which is in warmer weather when cyclists are probably looking forward to the cooling descents.

And this:


I have now run 1000 miles with my little Nike+.  Of course, it's wholly inaccurate, so who knows how many miles I've actually run with it.  The other day, I ran 8 and it told me I ran just over 7.  Today, i ran 18, and it read 16.75.  That's not that cool, but it does give me a vague idea of my instantaneous pace, so I keep using it.  Apparently, I can now legitimately buy a shirt with this recognition on it.  I think that's a bit weird...showing off how much you've run with a device tracking every move, so I think I'll skip it and look forward to some race shirts coming up.

No comments: