Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bring On The Flats

Well, maybe not "bring on" but I'm ready for flat tires whenever my bike decides that's what's going to happen. Tonight, I was the only student in a free (!) flat and basic bike maintenance class at my local shop.  The guy who ran the class was a great teacher and definitely made me feel confident about changing my bike tires (and did not make me feel silly for having no idea how after 8 years with a road bike).  I am so excited.  

I haven't been on my bike in 10 days, which is very sad, but the weather here has just been weird.  There's rain in the forecast every day, but it rains so randomly.  Like today, it rained on my run for about 20 minutes, was sunny by 7am, and then it rained again later in the day.  So, I don't really know how to prepare for that with clothing and such.  And, I don't have all my rainy biking needs.  I just ordered some rain pants on sale to help solve some problems.

No comments: