Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cleaning House

It's the last day of the month and I've been anxious to get stuff done around here.  My room is still in need of love, as is the newspaper, but I did make progress today.

1) The kitchen is as clean as it gets.  I did the dump of all the random condiments.  I have a quick gag reflex for things like this, so I usually just throw all the containers in the trash so I'm done with it.  Today, I decided to be more true to my values and empty all the containers so I could recycle them.  It was successful, as I only threw up twice.

2) I found out that the food pantries around here will take all the paper bags that my roommates bring home.  I haven't cleansed us of them yet, but I am so excited they will get another use.  Yay!

3) I finally got a February playlist on iTunes for you.  You can listen to samples of what I've been listening to this month.  Well, that statement might be a stretch.  I've mostly been listening to the podcasts (of On Point, Backstory, Dirtbag Diaries, Slate, Running Times, TAL, Wait Wait, and Radio Lab if you're looking for some good stuff).  But, in those few hours when I've opted for music, this is the playlist.

4) I'm clearing my brain of all the posts I've meant to write over the past week.  I think there might be one more in me.  Sorry for the overload today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooo! I like how you post your playlist! How fun! And, you actually threw up? Twice?