Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beauty upon Beauty

It's not often that I find myself in awe of something's beauty, but today, some Internet videos were the thing that did it for me.  Rapha, a bicycle equipment and apparel company (very swank stuff), recently sent some of their riders to trace the Tour of California course.  They did this sometime in January (I was following the reports on a blog I like, which is written by a guy who rode in this "average" man's Tour).  They had a handful of riders, a crew, and a film guy.  The result, is beauty upon beauty.  The composition of the videos is just stunning and then to see these men powering themselves across my beautiful state gave me goosebumps.  And, you can see what the Tour would have looked like if it wasn't raining buckets day in and day out.

I know not everyone out there loves cycling (and I myself am some bizarre person who does more spectating than doing), but I encourage you to watch for the beauty of the art and the beautiful of the landscape.  Each day of the Tour, Rapha is posting another video.  Here is the first one.  If you like that, go to their website to see the series.



Rapha Rides The Tour of California from RAPHA on Vimeo.

No comments: