Monday, October 15, 2007

Why My Job Is So Awesome

I sent this article to some of my former Stats students and told them their assignment was to prove the numbers in it. I got the following response on Sunday night (series tied 1-1) from one of my kids who is a sophomore now (absolutely diehard sox fan):

"hahaha i like it, because we are the best team then we will win. I'm so pumped for the rest of the playoffs. I just returned to school after a weekend home in Boston for the two games at Fenway. fridays was a great one to be at and last nights was a great game with a horrible ending. But im still confident that my Sox will take it all....... and less importantly I am taking another stats course this semester and breezing through. I am like the Manny Ramirez of the class. 100 on 2 quizzes and 97 on the test. So it has taken some time but finally all of that hard work you put in teaching pays dividends. hope your enjoying yourself out in Cali and i hope your keeping up with the Sox... keep in touch."

Awesome! I told him how much this made my day but I hoped that he wasn't so much like Manny that he wore his pants awkwardly and had braids/dreads.

No comments: