Thursday, February 25, 2010

Planning A Wedding

Did I get you to read this post? I'm not planning one, but I feel like I am. And after this experience, the thought frightens me.

So, we're planning our study trip. We're taking 95 seniors, 30 parents, and 5 teachers to the greatest national park of them all. But I now hate this place. They have screwed me over and deceived me in every possible way. And it's incredibly hard to understand this world when you don't have a partner to plan this with. I have my teaching team, but we all split up the work. I always get "stuck" with logistical stuff. It's my curse for "having a brain for these things." I am very lucky to be a bit flush with money for this trip (how did that happen) and so we'll actually survive. But, the parents might hate me for all the driving around we're going to do. But planning a 3-day affair with dining and lodging and activities and room assignments and entertainment...it's like a wedding. What if I had a wedding and only invited my students? That would be odd. Thank goodness I haven't done that.

Here's the video I needed to watch today. Fall down 8 times, get up 9.

1 comment:

samkay64 said...

Consider me one of your fans/fellow skateboarders rubbing your helmet!