Monday, January 18, 2010

Snooooooow!


Ahhh, the three day weekend. It might be my favorite thing in the world. You can have an entire weekend and then have another day to get stuff done (or mentally prepare for the week to come, like I did today).
On Friday after school, I drove up to Tahoe with PP and EF, my friends from school. EF rents a ski house in Truckee, which has great access to the slopes. On Saturday morning, we went to Alpine Meadows and enjoyed a fabulous day in the snow.


Here are EF and PP on the lift. They were on snowboards and I went to the beginner hill to reacclimate myself to skiing after two years of only horizontal snow sports. Look at that sky!!

Here I am way up high (not too high though...it takes me forever to get down) and getting a nice lake view. Oh, how I've missed you Tahoe.


EF about to show us her mad skills.

PP on her birthday!
And we ended the night with JC (our other co-worker who was also up for the weekend) and KG, his wife. I couldn't resist donning the Longhorns Snuggie that was in the house. It's the first time I've ever had one on and it was dangerously cozy. Then, I failed to make a fire in the wood stove and had a pity party on the red shag carpet.

The next morning, we got some nice snow and EF and I went on a power walk around the neighborhood, because it was about $80 cheaper than Squaw. Can't wait for another snowy weekend in the near future.

No comments: