Sunday, January 10, 2010

Muffins!

I have yet to post my 2010 Goals post because it's not finalized yet. Spoiler alert (!): one of my goals is to average at least 3 new recipes a month. I'm off to a great start with at least four new recipes, all of them vegan. I don't yet know what I want my relationship with animal products to be moving forward, but for now, I'm at least eliminating animal products from my house for the month.

So, here are some yummy muffin recipes that you should make and that I made tonight for a work potluck tomorrow. Click on the name for the recipe, courtesy of the wonderful folks at Post Punk Kitchen. I got the recipes from the book "Vegan with a Vengence," but they were nice enough to put them online for you all.


These really are the best pumpkin muffins I've eaten. The next time I make them, I think I'm going to use the eeny meeny muffin tin so that I can have bite sized muffins that last longer (if I limit myself to one per day). These are so moist, they need no spread whatsoever. All the spices make them just fabulous with some soy nog (which is still taking up most of the top shelf in my fridge...whooped 'em again, Josie!...a friend suggested that next year I could freeze the soy nog for even longer enjoyment).


Mmmm...these have a touch of lemon zest (fresh off my tree), which really perks up the taste. In the summer, I would love to make these with some real corn in them or some blueberries. I hope everyone enjoys these tomorrow.

And finally, here's a video that my sister would want you to watch. It's mildly funny to me (sorry if there's any bad language), but to her....she could watch it all day long.

2 comments:

Bec said...

yummy! Good for you muffin maker! So, the soy nog is the emulsifier? (or, maybe I should just go look at the recipe...)

samkay64 said...

These look delicious.

I love pumpkin anything.