Thursday, January 14, 2010

Endorsements

I love the Slate family of podcasts. I'm totally a podcast junkie (sometimes I ride a bit slower just to get more in), as you might now, and I learn so many amazing things while I listen.

On every Slate podcast, each host mentions something that the listeners should check out or know about. On the Political Gabfest, they are called Cocktail Chatter (hinting to the DC ties of Slate). They are Coffee Talk on the Double X (Women's) Gabfest and a revolving door of funny things on Hang Up and Listen (the sports podcast, which might be my favorite). But, the name for these that I love most is the Endorsements on the Culture Gabfest. I realized that I should make some endorsements of my own here and I'll clue you in to my favorites from Slate.

1. From Slate the blog Letters of Note. It is a simply amazing collection of letters. And it's the actual letters that were written. Check it out and scroll down to the one from the creator of Ren and Stimpy. It is thoughtful and inspiring. You might have seen this letter mentioned on Boing Boing.

2. The mash-up video of the Top 25 Songs of 2009. I saw this on Perez a few weeks ago and totally forgot to share its amazing-ness until my sis sent me the link today and I re-watched. I actually am a fan of the song that's created.

3. Heidi Montag's reported 10 elective plastic surgery procedures in a day. Really? I won't dignify it with too much time and she can make her own choices, but I'll say: I hope none of my students ever grow up to do such a thing. That would make me exceptionally sad.

That's it. Off to Tahoe tomorrow to play in the snow! I can't wait because it's actually going to snow while we're there.

No comments: