Sunday, September 20, 2009

New Years

Just in time for the Jewish New Year, I've nearly completed my Secular New Year goals.

1. I've commuted 600 miles on my bike.
2. I hiked Half Dome.
3. Turning 29 has not ruined my life.
4. I am doing an okay job of getting out on the weekends (for example, September events have been a trip to the East Coast for a wedding, Rosh Hashana and Shabbat dinner in Berkeley, and a birthday party in the city).
5. And yesterday, I completed my 1000th running mile of the year! I am still running happy and looking forward to finding some races to do in the next month.

What's left? I have read ten books and listened to one. I'm trying to get to at least 12 books this year, but ideally, I'd like to complete at least one book each month until 2010. I have a great stack to choose from, I just need to get my work life under control.

For the Jewish New Year, I'm trying to decide character goals for 5770. I love having the Days of Awe (between Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur) of focused reflection time. If only I had the week off from work.

No comments: