Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Must See Movieeee

Sometimes I think it's crazy how much my parents influenced me.  I mean, I realize that I spent a lot of time with them over the years, but it's just funny to me.  I mean, I'm totally a math, gas mileage, budget-tracking fiend like my dad.  And many of my likes and dislikes in the art world match with my mom's.  For instance, I recall her imparting her love of the book "Where The Wild Things Are" on my younger sis and me.  I was definitely a bit frightened (as I was and am by most things that are even the slightest bit unsettling), but it is one of my favorites.  Now, it is being made into a movie by Spike Jonze (as in Being John Malkovich and Adaptation...two great movies, in my opinion).  Here's the trailer featuring the awesome song "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire...the title and sound of this tune are so fitting.  I can't wait to see this movie, but it doesn't come out until October 16!  Doesn't it seem a bit early for a trailer?




Also, Jason Segal was on "Fresh Air" the other day.  I absolutely loved him in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and the interview he gives is fabulous.  And he's Jewish!  Too bad he's in SoCal...and richly famous at this point.  I'm going to run out to see "I Love You, Man" and rent "Freaks and Geeks."  As soon as I have time...which will probably be when school is out for the summer.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Tee hee... Adam and I both were like, "How do you make that story into a movie?!" And after watching the trailer twice, I am misty-eyed and Adam has a huge grin on his face.