Monday, August 25, 2008

From the Mom Files

Mom emailed this today:

But in that 'You can't make this stuff up" category was this piece of MSNBC accidental humor.

As Jimmy and Roslyn Carter were doing their victory lap around the DNC stage they ran a scroll below that announced that Cindy (whaaa?) McCain is heading off to [ nolongerSoviet] Georgia to, I don't know, stare at sad displaced people. Maybe she will bring one home, just like she did in India. Anyway what made this funny was they were playing the song " Georgia on my Mind" as the Carters, looking fabulous, did their victory lap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... I think I was a bit too brain dead after returning to work myself yesterday the first time I read this - it is silly! I saw Michelle Obama on the DNC last night and was like, "Man, for real?! Am I crying?!" I've been super emotional these days as I am getting older - Eat Pray Love is making me cry, too. Eh, but who am I kidding... I effing cry all the time.