Monday, August 25, 2008

Ding Ding Ding!


Those of you who thought, "She doesn't seem like a running skirt person," were right! I am not a running skirt person. Or, I wasn't. I was pissed when a woman in a black skirt and camo dry-fit top passed me effortlessly in a four-mile race last spring and I've pouted about it since. But then, Runners World did half an issue on the things and so I read. Then I researched on the web. Then, I realized that I spent 10 years of my life competing in a skirt (kilt for the first seven) and I loved my field hockey skirt (although I would have felt weird wearing it to practice). Finally, I was sucked in by the cute twins from runningskirts.com to buy one at the San Diego race expo. Actually, I did give it a good 20 minutes of thought while I snacked on free granola and peanut butter.

The report: I love it. It's super comfortable and you can get it with built in undies or spandex. If you're worried about chafing, the spandex might be better, but I think Body Glide is sufficient. My skirt also has two side pockets. I haven't tried running with gel (since I've only worn this on relatively short runs), but I like the placement of the pockets in theory. So, I guess I'm now a running skirt person. Who would've thought?

And yes, I realize that the tone of my posts are a bit more frantic these days. Just a glimpse into the mind of a high school teacher returning to work. Just think about all the things I am thinking but not writing down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's super cute!!! Happy running trails!