Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey Trot

The good news is that I've started running again. It's relatively painless, which is probably a result of low mileage and an every-other-day routine. It's been fun to run again, even though most of my miles are on the treadmill since daylight is so limited when I'm not in school. I do relish the days when I can run outside. Thanksgiving Day was one of those days. Patagonia Boy came down on Wednesday night and despite the fact that he keeps much later hours than me, I was able to get out of the house early for my own Turkey Trot (while Matt slept for another two hours). It was a fun run...even more fun because I didn't have to race anyone (but I also didn't get a free t-shirt...boo). I saw THREE corgis too! What a great way to start the day.

After some yummy omelets, we cooked the sweet potatoes and headed off to the West Coast Bagg's. We had a great dinner, heard things like, "is a frog's butt watertight" and had a nice passagiatta under a nearly full moon on a night that felt pretty much like Thankgiving should...just a bit nippy.

No comments: