Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ah To Be 17 Again...

If you knew me in high school, you also knew "Volksie," our 1976 Gold Bug that my parents bought to take the chauffeuring burden off my mother. As I drove back from my Sonoma weekend, I saw this on the side of the road in Menlo Park. It's a 1972 Superbeetle going for $4100. Trust me, I considered it. But, having two vehicles that have no buisness going to Tahoe if it snows might not be the best move. It's rare to see this color on a Beetle. I didn't get a look at the mileage but it was in pretty good shape...except for the new radio installed. There are some things that just shouldn't be modernized.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jan said...

Shoot. You should have called me I would have sent a check. I miss the VW and our good old German Shepherd, Duke. To have them both back would be heavenly....

samkay64 said...

And you found it in the right color!