Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wicked Awesome Wednesday

This morning, I was at a bar at 6:45 in the morning.  There was a soccer game to watch.  Although, some people didn’t realize that just because they were watching sports at a bar, it was still too early to drink and smoke.  There was a good crowd of people from work there, all trying to make something out of the summer.  It’s a huge difference between our school year and the summer. 

The U.S./Algeria game was one of the most exciting sporting events that I’ve watched somewhere between a stadium and my living room.  I was on the edge of my seat, feeling nervous, and so overjoyed when the U.S. scored to win.

We stuck around to watch the never-ending tennis match at Wimbledon.  We left the bar at around 10:30, when the score was 38-37.  We migrated to AL’s to watch the second pair of games.  DVR makes it so that we watch these things whenever we want. 

Hands Up Thus, while we were checking in on Wimbledon (which was eventually suspended for darkness at 59-59 in the fifth set), KMc instructed us to cover the bottom of the screen – the score scroll- so as to continue watching the soccer games in suspense.  Young Kirby on the floor would have been doing it too if he was awake.

 

Sleeping Puppies

And eventually, even summer vacation gets tiring.

Here’s to my Cali friends, who always make sure I’m included.  I love them lots.

No comments: