Monday, June 14, 2010

Subconscious

This morning, I woke up with "Stairway To Heaven" in my head because yesterday, that was the only thing one student wrote on his/her #6. All the lyrics, with pictures.

Grading the AP Stats tests is actually a blast. I've graded over 500 number sixes, and I don't find it boring or tedious at all. Each paper is an opportunity for a student to show me what they know. So far, they are doing fairly well, considering that #6 is typically the hardest on the exam.

There are 130,495 exams and 570 readers. I'll grade at least 1300 problems over the week I'm here in Daytona to do my part. It's possible that I'll see exams from my 40 test takers, but not probable. I hope I do though.I'm so interested in what was in their brains for those 3 hours on May 4.

I'm loving the humidity here in Florida, but hating the air conditioning. I think it's unreasonable to have entirely different outfits, depending on whether I'm inside or outside. I asked if the temperature could be increased slightly and was told, "No, we lost someone a few years ago during grading." What?!?! Someone died? Do we really think it was only the fault of the temperature?

I'm sitting at the beach, watching the sunrise, listening to the waves crash, and loving the zephyr that keeps it pleasant. My roommate is from Dallas, so I'll probably come home talking like I'm on Friday Night Lights. I'll definitely come home with a callous (so?) on my right middle finger.

Go Celtics!

1 comment:

JPH said...

So I'm sitting at my desk with my new office mates and I'm laughing to myself. You're too funny. Someone died?? Wow-sa- Keep cool Duds!

Good luck with the grades "cheers" from the UK.

JPa