Thursday, June 24, 2010

Passion

The world definitely needs more passionate teachers.  I’m lucky that I’ve been surrounded by them for the past three years.  And I think me and Ms. Schwartz would get along.

“student: why do you want to be a teacher ms. schwartz?
me: have you meet you? you're awesome. i get to hang out with kids like you all day!
student: okay but why do other teachers want to be teachers?
me: probably for the same reason, because kids are awesome.
student: that's not true. you're the only teacher i have who likes us.”

This sounds like something I would say to a kid.  I’d hope that they wouldn’t respond the same way.

Hopefully, in a few weeks, I’ll be able to let you all know how I’m cashing in my chips to follow my passion.  Unless you have inside (and new) information, it’s probably not what you think.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Very mysterious Ms. D... Whatever your new endeavor may be, I wish you great satisfaction and success!

JPH said...

Woah, do I sense a curve ball coming? I need to know!