Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mmmm...Lemonade

When multiple artists at Newport spoke about the tough time they had getting to the Northeast, I felt their pain. On Friday, I got on the bus at 7am PDT. We got on the plan, only for it to be delayed 45 minutes, us sitting there while...I don't know what they were doing. I was off to Dallas Fort Worth and lucky to have a long-ish layover. I got to DFW and hustled to the gate. At boarding time, the board read "Depart: 4:50, NOW: 6:45." I asked someone around me and learned that the AA staff had not mentioned a thing. This has happened before to me...they just sneak it up there and don't say a word.

I started scrambling, making phone calls, talking to the information desk. In no time, I was a the desk of the Grand Hyatt, handing over my credit card for my pass to the fitness room. I got a run in, legs dipped in the pool, and a fabulous shower.

Now that's some yummy lemonade.

We boarded the plane for the now 6:40 departure. We got out to the runway before the captain told us that we just missed the window to get to Boston. They were shutting it down again, due to crazy weather up there. We were on the runway for a while, then we drove back near the gate for awhile, then we went to the gate (where a mysterious elevator issue cropped up that needed to be looked at...and what they thought was routine was not). We ended up landing only three hours behind the original schedule, but it was a lot of time crushed on an airplane.

At least I wasn't thirsty.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Dude - you are brilliant for having gone to the gym! I'll bet that released all that plane tension and made you feel like you didn't waste your whole day. Yeah limonada!