Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jon Stewart Slays...

I haven't watched The Daily Show in quite some time.  I just don't have the extra hours in the day.  Although, I wish I had been watching TDS last night instead of the Bingo documentary on Netflix.  It was depressing.  Anyway, there was a great show back on December 9, when Jon Stewart hosted Mike Huckabee for a good portion of the second half.  I highly recommend watching this interview.  Jon Stewart debates MH on gay rights and does it so well, so intelligently, you actually believe that there could have been a Stewart/Colbert '08 team.  Click here, then type Mike Huckabee in the "search for a video" line.  I was reminded by this from a very old Fresh Air episode that I have meant to listen to.  Hearing the clip again, made me want to share it with you.

Have a great last week of January.  How did that happen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome. I guess it all comes down to if one believes you are born gay, or choose to be.

I am impressed that both men kept their cool and all the arguments Stewart brought up were totally on point. I am unimpressed that Huckabee had no other defense besides: that's the definition of marriage.