Tuesday, January 6, 2009

12 Hours In Photos

Do you ever get lost in the Interweb?  I do.  A lot.  I'll start on one website and then it will suggest something else and I'll go there or Google something that comes to mind and so on.  One day, I clicked my way to a website called 12 Hours In Photos.  The whole idea is that on the same day, everyone involved takes a picture every hour on the hour from 8am to 8pm and then they post.  I love this idea and I put it on my calendar to try out for myself.  Today was the day.  Why today?  Because I was going to a soccer game after school.  That's the most I've got going on this week (I have jury duty Wednesday and an AD meeting on Thursday...not sure any of those people want me taking pictures every hour).  I figured I should have something exciting going on.

So, here is it.  I did it from 7am to 7pm due to my bedtime, but I think it has the same effect.  I hope you enjoy a day in my little ol' life.  I'm pretty sure I didn't take the 2pm photo.  I was running around trying to get my girl's soccer roster sent in before the game...I think I got distracted.  And, just to warn you...lots of exclamation points today.

7am...how I try to start every day (well, after the run and shower)




8am: Just getting to school.  I pedaled wicked fast as I was late leaving the house and I got way too sweaty.  On the way, I wish I had the camera ready to take the following pictures: 7:45-a gaggle of elementary school kids all crossing the street on their bikes! 7:53-a train crossing tracks that have been quiet for the 18 months I've crossed them...two train workers riding the front car.  Totally awesome!  My new saddle and my rear end got along just swimmingly today.  Although, installing it last night was a project.




9am: Buried in finals.  Does that say -10?  Yikes!!!



10am: Still buried.  My lame attempt at a joke.  But also, another way to remind my kids to SHOW ALL THEIR GD WORK!!!  Sorry...it was a painful grading session.




11am: J and B stop by my office to "give me a hug."  How cute are they?




12 noon: Filling out the eligibility forms so that my athletes are cleared to play in the league.  Look at the size of that soccer team!




1pm: Mid-way through Scrabble with Andy at lunch.  We each had only one letter left at the end.  Awesome!  The joys of intersession.  But, tomorrow, we have to work for real. It's going to kick me in the rear end, which is no longer sore due to a junk bike saddle.  TMI?




2pm:  Imagine me at the copy machine scanning and printing and writing letters of rec.  Thought I was done with those, didn't you?



3pm: I love the shadows my bike makes!!! I'm racing home on Broadway so I can get to the game on time.





4pm: Up 2-0.  KB taking charge.




5pm: At Patagonia, Palo Alto.  What a gorgeous building this is.  I think it's an old car dealership.  More on that visit later this week.





6pm: Jury Summons...checking out how to go online to find out if I'm needed.  Survey says: I'm not.  Shoot!  I'm a totally civic duty junkie.  I'm bummed that they don't want me.





7pm: Checking the morning run temperature while pretending to read my book.  Maybe tomorrow...

1 comment:

samkay64 said...

Totally awesome idea. Loved it!

I read Devil in the White City this summer. I liked it. Some chapters are better than others, and I'm guessing that's more true for people who don't care about urban planning, but I'd still recommend it. Get to it!

Also, at O'Hare airport I randomly picked up a book called "Gods Behaving Badly." I haven't finished, but so far it's hilarious and a really fast read.