Friday, May 9, 2008

So Much To Write, So Little Time

I'm sitting in a standardized test right now. My students are taking their English STAR test. In California, students have to take a STAR test in every core subject from 2nd-11th grade or something crazy like that. We have just finished our penultimate week of real school. Next week is the last week before we go to Intersession (prof dev for the adults, elective classes for the kiddos). It's so weird to be "done" so early.

Anyway, all's well here. Running is great; I'm really excited about the race next weekend. I've pretty much done all the work there is to do...just got to stay healthy. On Sunday, I'm going to go on a group run from the Nike store near my house. Who knows how that will go, but they claim that you will get a free gift if you go. Done!

I went to the Maker Faire in San Mateo last week with my friend JD. Literally, it was just lots and lots of people who make stuff--robots, sewing projects, a life-size mousetrap, things out of bikes, and power tool drag racing vehicles. It was amazing. At one point, I hit JD and said, "Look, there are people driving cupcakes around!" I will post pictures of that soon.

My pedaling classes are going well (I've been co-teaching and solo teaching with the instructor in the class). It's fun to plan the class and the music. Upcoming playlists will be an Oldies mix, 80's mix, and songs with the word "Crazy" in the title. I just have to figure out how I can use the Y this summer as I bop around the east. I've got Ft. Laudie all set with Nana's Y, but I'll need my pedaling fix every so often.

Every day is beautiful here in California. It's sunny all the time, we get to eat lunch outside (this makes my day!), it's nice and cozy warm, and the farmer's markets are starting to bust with produce. In fact, April through October is just pretty nice, if you are thinking about visiting.

1 comment:

Ali said...

First, I love the word "penultimate." Second, how do you feel about a family of 3 visiting sometime before October? Given that I will be left off geographic restrictions after Linus arrives, I want to see you!!!