Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just Walking' Around...Smelling Around


This is me...really, really happy to see Bec and Adam, just after the fourth mile marker on Sunday. I mean, my race was great and all, but I wasn't this happy the rest of the time.

My car is broken. It won't start...for me at least. The guy at VW said it would start for them sometimes, but it's hit or miss. He left me a message and said something like, "It starts sometimes but that doesn't mean anything." What? It will cost an amount of money that makes me more and more anxious to get my stimulus check from Dubya. So, I've been walking a lot in the past few days. Walking to school from the gym, walking to PT, etc. This might be the greatest time to be walking around the Peninsula. There is the most amazing smell of some flowering thing in the air constantly. I don't know what it is, but it's making me want to walk a lot more. For some reason, I don't smell this when I run.

In other news, here are the pictures Bec took from Bay to Breakers. Picture #12 is not one I'll be sending to the reunion committee, but #14 is the payoff from all that pedaling. Mom, picture #56 is for you (not because of the girl picking something out of her teeth...for the float in the background). There were a lot of floats of the Cosco Busan...the barge that crashed into the Bay Bridge last fall. It was fitting, given that most everyone within 20 feet of these miniature Cosco Busans were, similarly, in no shape to be steering anything. Picture #15 is the dogsled team that I told some of you about...I was beyond impressed with this team...a few seemed to be Cal XC runners and they were hauling at the end (under 7:15 miles).

There are official pictures posted online. I have been trying to find the dogsled team so I've been searching random people in their 20's who finished just ahead of me in net time. I searched runner 16621. It's so unfortunate that her finishing pictures include a completely naked man in the frame (well, he has sunglasses and a watch on in addition to his shoes). It's probably no surprise that it's not a pretty picture. Oh, and I found the dogsled team. Click here and search bib #497. The pictures are pretty awesome. In some of them, some of the guys are panting like dogs with their hands like paws. I'm so glad there are funny people in the world.

5 comments:

Ali said...

Miss you girls! What fun pictures.

Amy said...

hilarious - great pics!

Anonymous said...

I still think you truly have to be there to believe the spectacle. It was super fun to actually see the race and not only be exposed to the debauchery.

Anonymous said...

that was me that just wrote that, btdubbs.

samkay64 said...

What a fun race! Thanks for the link to the pictures.