Thursday, December 31, 2009

Music Lists

Back before podcasts, I listened to A LOT of full albums (I still buy CDs so that I can listen to them straight through, over and over). I'll spare you lots of words about each of these, but the chronology is here (although I wasn't always on the cutting edge).

(Note: I can't figure out what full albums I was listening to in 2000...the mix CD still ruled my life)
O Brother, Where Art Thou (soundtrack) - Baltimore '01-'02
Parachutes by Coldplay - Apt 1010, Baltimore '01-'02
Brushfire Fairytales by Sim Redmond Band - grad school, 2002, cruising around the campus, fun with JJB
Good Thoughts by Sim Redmond Band - grad school, 2002 vacation in Pebble Beach
Busted Stuff by Dave Matthews - grad school, 2002 driving on 280
Justified by Justin Timberlake - grad school 2003
Songs About Jane by Maroon 5 - grad school 2003, rainy winter at Hillsdale High
A Rush Of Blood To The Head by Coldplay - sunny days in Berkeley Spring 2003
Whoa, Nelly by Nelly Furtado - first semester of teaching, Fall 2003
Red Letter Days by The Wallflowers - lots of confused trips between Cambridge and MetroWest in Fall 2003
Soul Journey by Gillian Welch - snowy NYC trip 2003...Whitinsville 2004
White Ladder by David Gray - Whitinsville, 2004
Nickelcreek (self-titled) - Whitinsville, 2004
Garden State (soundtrack) - this music changed my life, 2004
Feels Like Home by Norah Jones - busy work music in my aunt's NYC classroom, 2004
Skylight by Harpswell Sound - Maine 2004/5
The Eminem Show by Eminem - various times in the Saab but mostly on the Mass Pike, mid-aughts
The Creek Drank The Cradle by Iron & Wine - Winter '04-'05 in Somerville
We Were Here by Joshua Radin - Fall 2005 driving to and from field hockey games
Twilight by Twilight Singers - winter '04-'05...whoa...can't believe how long it's been
The Tigers Have Spoken by Neko Case - Brookline and/or Charlestown winter '05
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco - some nondescript time in Somerville '04-'06
Futuresex/Lovesound by Justin Timberlake - Fall 2006...good afterschool working in the classroom music
Loose by Nelly Furtado - seventh semester of teaching, Fall 2006
Trouble by Ray LaMontagne - winters, working, '06, '07
The Clarence Greenwood Recordings by Citizen Cope - Woods Hole trip 2007
Heartbreaker by Ryan Adams - various times, latter part of decade
Ongiara by Great Lake Swimmers - this album got me through many, many trips up to Tahoe and back in 2007 and one of the best opening songs of any album I know
The Story by Brandi Carlile - Cali road tripping summer 2008
West by Lucinda Williams - Fall 2008, losing daylight
Simple Times by Joshua Radin - Cali 2009
Together Through Life by Bob Dylan - cruisin' in Cali 2009
For Emma, Forever Ago by Bon Iver - the 'Gucc 2009
Vampire Weekend (self-titled) - 'Gucc 2009
Viva La Vida by Coldplay - summer 2009
I And Love And You by The Avett Brothers - driving to and from school...the entire fall semester 2009


Songs of the Decade (49 of the 73 on my December playlist were able to be published in iTunes. I thought I had figured out how to make it work by using only songs that I owned, but if they are songs that don't match iTunes in the slightest way, they don't show up in the published iMix. You used to be able to drag and drop songs you didn't own into the mix and that would solve it...why must you prevent me from the drag and drop iTunes? Why?)
Sigh...

No comments: