Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cracking

Finals week. Capital O M G! I can't even see straight or think straight. Here's all the fun stuff I am doing (and please don't say...oh but you get two weeks off and the rest of us don't get anything...because I'm apparently working at my other job every day that I'm not in Boston...so much for catching up on sleep and work):

Creating all the schedules and attendance sheets for the seniors during finals week
Planning review sessions for my Stats kids
Proctoring exams in the morning and running review sessions in the afternoon
Helping to hone a proposal for the math department's new direction
Taking pictures of students
Learning all 410 students' names
Planning the last 4 hours of school on Friday after the math final
Writing a math final (well, more like polishing)
Making my math final more accessible for my kids who have learning differences and difficulty with the English language
Writing pump up post-it notes for my kiddos
Trying to be Jewish...lighting candles every night
Attending work parties
Ordering pizza for the 30 kids I'll have at school from 5-8 pm tomorrow to study (what was I thinking?)
Creating a slide show of students for a naming competition that we will have on Friday
Crafting a mix CD for my friend (lots of pressure)
Trying to pull something together for the holidays
Trying to keep up appearances with some friends
Trying to keep my sanity and wake up when my alarm goes off
Trying to smile even when I don't want to

But I am not in the hospital trying to keep a pre-term baby in utero (thinking about you AH). And I am not JMac, who is moving to LA at the end of the semester and her husband packed all her underwear when he left the house on Tuesday. She has two more days until she is reunited...

But JMac wrote to me saying...if you weren't cracking jokes, I'd worry that you were cracking up. It's true. I'm trying to keep my sense of humor.

Happy birthday Ma! (And Beethoven!) I'm almost home...

2 comments:

Bec said...

YOU CAN DO IT!! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Think of how bored you'll be over break when all you have to do is one task at a time ;) It'll be blissful.

JPH said...

THINKING OF YOU with all you have going on.

xoxo Happy Hanukkah!