Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Things Have Changed

Gas was $3.50 when I left, now it's $4.50. That's hard to get around when I'm hoping for a summer of seeing your family around the Northeast.

California is on fire. There seems to be a constant haze and temperatures in the 90 s and 100s aren't helping. Spahn and Sain and pray for rain.

Tampa Bay is also en fuego. The Red Sox need Big Papi back in the line-up for a spark.

We have an Olympic track team! I am watching all the video on NBC.com and tearing up watching the women's 10K. I was pulling for Adam Goucher, but I am excited to see Kara Goucher, Shalane Flanagan, Bernard Legat, Nick Symmonds, Shannon Rowbury, and the rest. Obviously, I will be anxiously watching Deena and Ryan Hall too!

I am thinking about investing in the Speedo LZR Racer. My swim times are too slow and I hear that suit helps.

I will be happy to get on an American Airlines flight tomorrow. Last night when we landed in SFO, the TACA airline crew played some kind of trance/club music. It was bizarre. What would my Nana have said?

I'm fairly certain that my run tomorrow will not include any whistling, hissing, or "chelitas." I can't remember when I've been so excited to lace up the Mizunos.

The Celtics are the champs! I know this is old news, but I can't believe that it's only been three weeks. I can't wait to get home to my own version of Titletown.

No comments: