Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sums It Up


This picture might just sum up all of what I need to tell you about Nicaragua. Here's me running...I did a lot of that there (67 miles worth according to my Nike SportBand, which apparently was a bit short in it's measurements, so who knows really). I think that the kids only really knew me as the lady who always had to go to bed early so she could get up early and run. It's also a great shot of the bus we rode. Look at this relic! It's from Georgia but they pimp it out with colored electrical tape on the steering wheel. I'm surprised there's no "God is the guide on my road" along the windshield like most people have (although they have it in Spanish). The story behind this picture is basically that I was given some freedom (some rare non-kid time after 7am) and I just started running. Kind of like Forrest Gump en Espanol. What is odd is that I'm on the sidewalk. I never once ran on the sidewalk there...it was beyond dangerous and I hate running on cement and I see it as my right to run on the road (snotty, but true). I guess I didn't trust the bus driver, given that he's not using any hands. Note to people in wheelchairs and blind people: Do not vacation to Leon, Nicaragua. They have made it perfectly clear with their unkempt sidewalks that they don't really want you there. Sad, but true.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ali said...

That is a keeper. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun picture to have of yourself. And, no, I never would have noticed that the driver did not have his hands on the wheel. I mean, you're like, NOT driving when you don't have hands on the wheel... with a bus load of kids, on a very narrow street, with a runner to your left...