Sunday, May 16, 2010

School, School, School

This was the weekend of school activities.

The last day of the semester was Friday.  Now we’re into Intersession and no kids (mostly).  We have many awesome traditions on the last day: 9th grade persuasive speeches, mentor group lunch, and Senior Showcase.

IMG_5250

My kids doing Happy Sheets.

IMG_5258

MT is focused!

IMG_5293

CG as DJ.

IMG_5302

My mentor group.  I love these kids more than anything.  Really.  I just love, love, love them.  Yeah, they made me cry once, but they are still my kids and I’d really do anything for them.

IMG_5341

My Finnish exchange student, TT, spinning to end the Showcase.  He is legit!

The last day of the semester always ends with our Junior – Senior Prom.  It’s one of my favorite events of the year.

IMG_5345

My math support girls, EP and AS.  Talk about girls I love.

IMG_5346

JJ and me.  This is the young lad who picked me up in a hug when I gave him Student of The Month.  In the picture above, he is holding me so tightly, that my arm hurt a little after we took this :)

IMG_5348

ZP, YO, and me.  More of my math girls.  And like me, they never leave the dance floor.

IMG_5349

NK and me.  Somehow, he tricked me into taking him to the prom.  Something about him not having a car.  Suspect.  But, he did put up with me getting sweaty with all the dancing.

 

On Saturday night, my school held an auction.  Tuck and Patti performed.  Patti is the aunt of one of my students.  This student lovingly refers to me as “Auntie.”  It was cool to meet his real Aunt Patti…who is part of one of the groups I loved in high school.

IMG_5354

Tuck and Patti perform for the Huskies.  Look at how transformed my school looks!

IMG_5355

Some of our best student musicians, GF and NV, watch in admiration and awe.

Overall it was a great weekend.  NK and I went fixie-ing around town today and hung out with KMc and PP…just catching up on Celtics wins and trashy television.  A weekend that makes me want to stay here forever.

No comments: