Monday, February 25, 2008

Some People Do Care About Teachers

Despite the fact that my school is making major decisions about how to balance next year's budget, thanks to the Governator, the New York Times still loves teachers. I've signed up for every day delivery of my favorite newspaper for about $20 a month! I would pay that much just for the Sunday Styles every week. Reading the paper takes a lot of time. Yesterday, I spent most of my day working through it, including two hours completing the crossword (with some East Coast help).

I wanted to share the following with you. This is a vote that you can't miss out on. Quoting from Monday's Arts section: "The polls are open in the annual balloting...honoring the world's oddest book title." Click here before March 28 to vote. Here are your choices:

  • I Was Tortured By the Pygmy Love Queen
  • How to Write a How to Write Book
  • Are Women Human? And Other International Dialogues
  • Cheese Problems Solved
  • If You Want Closure in Your Relationship, Start With Your Legs
  • People who Mattered in Southend and Beyond: From King Canute to Dr Feelgood
I won't try to sway you by letting on how I'm voting, but it is a touch choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to have you back :) Should I tell you my pick? ~JP

jan said...

Got to go with "How to write..". It has a 'peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers' feel to it.